Prominent Chinese lawyer and lecturer Xu Zhiyong stood trial in Beijing on Wednesday after he was arrested last July on charges of ‘gathering people to disturb order in a public place’ and, as western diplomats have been barred from attending trial, unsurprisingly, petitioners and reporters were equally unwelcome outside of the court room, some journalists even describing being harassed and ‘roughed up’ by police.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: Beijing To Reform Stock Exchanges, Wechat Ban To Expire Before US Election
- Tencent Invests In Chinese E-Sports Operator VSPN
- Chinese Autonomous Driving Startup Pony.ai Reportedly Raises $300 Million At $6B Valuation
- DealShot: 11 Deals Exceeding $360 Million Including Ontario Teachers, Sequoia Among Others
- IReader Technology Net Profit Up 53.75% In First Three Quarters Of 2020