China’s cuddly ultra-nationalists have returned to the stage and, for the first time in recent memory, it’s not about Japan. Now, they are angry over the Oscar nomination for The Act of Killing, a documentary film detailing the 1965-1966 anti-communist purge (known as the “930 Incident”) in Indonesia in which at least 500,000 were killed, including many Chinese.
Latest China News
- India message to China on Taiwan: Avoid actions to change status quo
- Hinyx, a Chinese-based pioneer in the wireless ch
- Taiwan hands over a US$950,000 grant to Belize for several initiatives including internet for 197 schools
- China crypto mogul seeks to sell Huobi stake at $3 billion value
- Xiaomi CEO says it has 140 vehicles across China testing autonomous driving