China’s cuddly ultra-nationalists have returned to the stage and, for the first time in recent memory, it’s not about Japan. Now, they are angry over the Oscar nomination for The Act of Killing, a documentary film detailing the 1965-1966 anti-communist purge (known as the “930 Incident”) in Indonesia in which at least 500,000 were killed, including many Chinese.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: WM Motor Recalls Vehicle After Burning, Byton Restarts Operation After Rebranding
- CAR-T Biotech Firm Gracell Completes $100 Million Round
- Chinese Self-Driving Tech Startup MINIEYE Raises RMB270 Million
- Adidas Greater China Managing Director Resigned
- DealShot: 9 Deals Passing $160 Million Counting Wellington Management, Baidu Ventures And More