China’s cuddly ultra-nationalists have returned to the stage and, for the first time in recent memory, it’s not about Japan. Now, they are angry over the Oscar nomination for The Act of Killing, a documentary film detailing the 1965-1966 anti-communist purge (known as the “930 Incident”) in Indonesia in which at least 500,000 were killed, including many Chinese.
Latest China News
- Tsinghua Establishes IC School To Aid China’s Semiconductor Self-Sufficiency Drive
- China Tech Digest: Didi Chuxing Raises $1.6B Before IPO; Tsinghua University Established School of Integrated Circuits
- DealShot: 24 Deals Breaking $330 Million Involving Loyal Valley Capital, Sequoia And Many Others
- China Tech Digest: Meituan To Start Unmanned Delivery In Shanghai Next Year; Zhou Xiaochuan Talks About Digital RMB
- DealShot: 12 Deals Eclipsing $320 Million With SPDB International, CITIC PE And Many More