Last year’s influx of Chinese-run Western restaurants was a testament to how cosmopolitan Shanghai’s dining scene has become. But like many movements in their early stages – ie., Western-run Chinese concepts in the US – the recent Chinese-helmed Western digs seem unpolished at best. And Macasa, a global cuisine restaurant and the first solo venture by Mandela Zhu of the Peninsula Hotel, really felt like a first solo venture.
Latest China News
- DealShot: 17 Deals Surpassing $300 Million With GTJA Investment, Wens Investment Among Others
- China Tech Digest: Ubtech Robotics Launches Quarantine Hotel Anti-Epidemic Solution; Beijing To Advance Deployment of 6G Network
- Baidu-Backed DeepWay Unveils Smart New Energy Heavy-Duty Truck to Automate Road Freight
- China Money Podcast: More Than 100 Startups Raise Capital In China This Past Week
- DealShot: 16 Deals Worth $275 Million Counting Bioventure, ZJ Innopark And Many More