Last year’s influx of Chinese-run Western restaurants was a testament to how cosmopolitan Shanghai’s dining scene has become. But like many movements in their early stages – ie., Western-run Chinese concepts in the US – the recent Chinese-helmed Western digs seem unpolished at best. And Macasa, a global cuisine restaurant and the first solo venture by Mandela Zhu of the Peninsula Hotel, really felt like a first solo venture.
Latest China News
- VIP.com Appointed New CFO
- DealShot: 18 Deals Eclipsing $2.3 Billion Involving DST, Tencent And Many Others
- 360 Won Bidding For Suzhou’s Security Brain Project
- China Tech Digest: China’s Covid Vaccine Had Tested On 60,000 People, Ant IPO Faces Risks Over Locking Up Capital
- Investment Fund Focused On Scientific Conversion Launches In Beijing