Fried dumplings (生煎馒头, shēngjiān mántou), the Shanghai staple of pan-fried pouches with pork and dough, are found sizzling in pans on almost every corner. But where do you find the best rendition, right? Many people tout Yang’s (we like it to), but we honestly don’t think their version is drastically different than the grease-grenades in your average street-wok – a bit more uniform and hotter due to high turnover, perhaps. The real dumpling in the rough is found at Da Hu Chun, which has been serving shengjian mantou practically since the dish’s creation almost a century ago.
Latest China News
- Amazon, UPS, PepsiCo And Others Pledge To Conserve, Restore And Grow 2.5 Billion+ Trees By 2030 Under World Economic Forum Initiative
- DealShot: 13 Deals Breaking $270 Million Counting Qiming, China Life PE Among Others
- ‘China’s Search for a Modern Identity Has Entered a New and Perilous Phase’
- China Tech Digest: Huawei Cloud Launches Blockchain Services; General Motors Invests $300 Million In Momenta
- DealShot: 11 Deals Passing $180 Million Involving NIO Capital, DST Global And Many More