Fried dumplings (生煎馒头, shēngjiān mántou), the Shanghai staple of pan-fried pouches with pork and dough, are found sizzling in pans on almost every corner. But where do you find the best rendition, right? Many people tout Yang’s (we like it to), but we honestly don’t think their version is drastically different than the grease-grenades in your average street-wok – a bit more uniform and hotter due to high turnover, perhaps. The real dumpling in the rough is found at Da Hu Chun, which has been serving shengjian mantou practically since the dish’s creation almost a century ago.
Latest China News
- SDAIA, Huawei Establish Partnership
- DealShot: 18 Deals Breaking $825 Million Involving Baidu, Tencent And Many More
- Yiche’s Privatization Agreement Approved By General Meeting Of Shareholders
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million