You all know by now that The Great Wall Music Festival is touching down this Sunday, June 1, with some big name DJs to boot, but what about the rest of the Dragon Boat Festival holiday? Here's where to be and what to do over the next several days:
- Get your night started with mixes from some of the best local DJs in Beijing according to the Beijinger 2014 Reader Bar & Club Awards
- Lean back and relax (or get moving) to the funky beats of Tavey Lean and the Solid Gold Dream Machine at Home Plate Bar-B-Que Sanlitun this Saturday, May 31. Go on, turn up that computer volume and get a taste of what they're all about above.
- 8-Bit doesn't play games. Starting at 10pm tonight, they're moving out the tables and stirring things up courtesy of local DJ favorites Compact Dicks and Donkey Tonk, plus RMB 25 selected cocktails and free 8-Bit sunglasses for all attendees.
- And speaking of sunglasses, June 1 is your chance to chill out by the water at The Bar at Migas' first 2014 poolside brunch (think loads of paella, sausages, and cocktails). They're teaming up with Swedish brand, Dienastie sunglasses to make sure you have all the shade you need (pictured above).
- Head to Beijing's best sports bar, Paddy O'Shea's, and check out their weekly pub quiz on Wednesdays at 8pm.
- While you're gearing up for the new jazz club by none other than F&B maven Leon Lee, taste the items on the new spring drinks menu at his other Beijing bar, Apothecary.
- Don't let yourself fall behind the times and check out one of these award-winning new bars.
Photos: Courtesy of 8-Bit, Dienastie
Visit the original source and full text: the Beijinger Blog