This question comes up often enough for it to warrant another explanation of the arrangements which prevail (current ImmD practice)…

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


Dear Visa Geeza,

 I’m under the impression that when you leave a company that has been sponsoring your employment visa or if you are fired, that as long as your visa hasn’t expired you are allowed to stay in Hong Kong and look for new employment.

Can the company you have just left contact immigration and make your visa expire immediately so you therefore lose the right to stay in Hong Kong and look for work? 

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will my Hong Kong employment visa be compromised if I leave my job due to intolerable working conditions?

Can I use the impending expiry of my Hong Kong work visa as a way to force the early termination of my employment contract?

Does the employment visa change of sponsorship process expressly disclose to my new employer the reason for me leaving my previous job?

I hate my boss and want to leave my job – what about my work visa for Hong Kong?

My employment visa expires before my change of sponsorship application will be finalised – HELP!


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza