What do you do if you’ve been together seven years but geography has forced you to live apart…

Watch this video on YouTube.


I am not an expat. I am Chinese, born in Hong Kong.

I have a same sex partner. We have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years.

 She got denied entry back in 2008 because we did a number of short trips in order to let her stay longer than her visa free 14 days.

 I have read from your website about successful cases to apply for a dependent visa for same sex partners accompanying expats.

 I am wondering if this is possible for locals too?

 Any info provided will be much appreciated. 

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

Hong Kong employment & same sex partner visas – a joint application strategy

Will the fact of 2 previous visits to Hong Kong help or hinder a prolonged visitor visa application for my same sex partner?

Understanding the procedure for a Hong Kong same sex partner prolonged visitor visa application

The reality for same sex partner visa applicants in the HKSAR

10 Must Have resources for a same sex partner visa application in Hong Kong

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza