A ‘Year of the Horse’ sculpture made entirely out of bread has been removed from a West Kowloon mall after its proximity to a famine-prevention event raised a few too many eyebrows. The horse, built out of 428 slices of bread from a Danish-style bakery, was just trying to celebrate New Year, Chinese and Western Valentines Day, and the gleeful wasting of food.
Latest China News
- Amazon, UPS, PepsiCo And Others Pledge To Conserve, Restore And Grow 2.5 Billion+ Trees By 2030 Under World Economic Forum Initiative
- China Money Podcast: Airwallex, Hai Robotics and 70 Other Chinese Startups Raise VC Funds
- DealShot: 13 Deals Breaking $270 Million Counting Qiming, China Life PE Among Others
- ‘China’s Search for a Modern Identity Has Entered a New and Perilous Phase’
- China Tech Digest: Huawei Cloud Launches Blockchain Services; General Motors Invests $300 Million In Momenta