This situation occurs quite a lot especially for those employees who were originally summer hires and are on back to back employment contracts matching the validity of their limits of stay.



I am a Canadian currently employed in Hong Kong and have a work visa. If I plan to be absent on leave in the five weeks prior to the expiry of current limit of stay, can I apply to renew my work visa ‘in advance’ of the normal 28 day period?  I intend to return to Hong Kong 3 weeks after my current visa expires and so be gone for a total of 8 weeks on leave. How can I handle my employment visa extension in this situation?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Am I eligible for an extension to my dependant visa if my PHKID holding spouse no longer actually lives in Hong Kong?

Is it ever possible to extend a Hong Kong training visa?

How to get a Hong Kong working visa automatically with no questions asked!

Will I get my first QMAS visa extension if I have not yet taken up residence in Hong Kong?

Get Your 100% Free Hong Kong Visa Extension Kit Here


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza