WeChat has struck viral gold with its new ‘Red Envelope’ promo, which allows users to pass out hongbao in the lazy, pantsless comfort of their own homes. For the risk-taking gift-giver, the app also includes a ‘random distribution mode’ in which a set sum of money is randomly dealt out to one’s friends. This is, apparently, just what people have been waiting for.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million
- Alibaba-Backed Yiguo.com, Having Raised RMB6 Billion, Enters Bankruptcy
- DealShot: 8 Deals Surpassing $190 Million Including Rotating Boulder Fund, CDH Investments And Others
- China Mobile Net Profit Down 0.3% In First Three Quarters Of 2020