WeChat has struck viral gold with its new ‘Red Envelope’ promo, which allows users to pass out hongbao in the lazy, pantsless comfort of their own homes. For the risk-taking gift-giver, the app also includes a ‘random distribution mode’ in which a set sum of money is randomly dealt out to one’s friends. This is, apparently, just what people have been waiting for.
Latest China News
- DealShot: 11 Deals Breaking $520 Million With CNPC Kunlun Capital, Furong Capital Among Others
- China VC Tracker: Venture Deals Shrank In January With $6.46B Secured
- DealShot: 14 Deals Worth $140 Million With SDIC Venture Capital, Panacea Venture And Others
- Where Does Xi Jinping Go from Here?
- DealShot: 7 Deals Reaching $100 Million Counting Sequoia, SDIC Venture Capital And More