To make sure the plastic bottles she and her husband collect at a small waste station in Hunan are fit for recycling, Ms. Liu Jingyi removes the paper labels from each one with her bare hands and painstakingly sorts them by colour. Over the past ten years, she and her husband, Mr Zhu, have recycled 9 million plastic bottles and more than 20 tonnes of plastic material in order to fund their two sons’ university education.
Latest China News
- DealShot: 23 Deals Worth $460 Million Involving Summitview Capital, TopoScend Capital And Many Others
- Indonesia’s ‘polygamous’ game in dealing with China and the US
- China and Taiwan Play High-seas ‘Cat and Mouse’ Game as Military Drills Wrap Up
- Apple will start iPhone 14 production in India at same time as China: Ming-Chi Kuo TECHTELEGRAPH
- What Putin and China just did to the WEF is a game changer Redacted with Clayton Morris