What will the Hong Kong Immigration Department make of an application for a second partner to join in an existing business and secure a business investment visa?

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


My business partner is moving to Hong Kong soon.

Until this point, we had no need for him to be resident in Hong Kong but soon he will  play an active role in developing the European part of our business.

Our company has not yet turned a profit so I am wondering if it would be a problem when I make him a contract and apply for his working visa as the other shareholder and director of the company?

What can you suggest?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Hong Kong nvestment visa – the three legs of the approvability stool

Business investment visas – a leg up for start ups

The remarkable tale of a Hong Kong investment visa approval – buying a restaurant, savings jobs and managing remotely

What does it take to get a Hong Kong investment visa approved?

Hong Kong investment visas and Joseph Heller – what’s the connection?