Tough question this – so what’s the answer…?

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


Hello Hong Kong Visa Geeza,

This website is simply wonderful and resourceful!! Thanks.

I had a question and was wondering if you can please help.

I finish 7 years in Hong Kong in November and my current employment visa expires on the same day

I would like to continue my life here as a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.

However, my employing company is not doing that well and it may shut down or a few of us might be fired this summer.

Unfortunately, if it happens in September or October, it will leave me very little time to find a new job/apply for any academic course to be able to remain resident here under a new employment or student visa.

I am already looking for jobs but it’s not easy to get one currently.

Please let me know your opinion about the best course of action I can take now or in the coming days and what is the usual course of action if someone is fired 15/20 days before end of 7 years, for example.

Thanks again 

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will the 2 years I spent studying in China break my continuity of residence for my Hong Kong permanent residency application?

I have lived in Hong Kong for 5 years – can I extend my work visa for 2 years, quit my job, study full-time then apply for the right of abode?

Strategy on how to craft an argument to appeal a refused Hong Kong right of abode application

Hong Kong permanent residency approval with a 2 year absence from Hong Kong

10 must have resources for a successful Hong Kong permanent residency application


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza