Two-pronged question today…

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


My current work visa is about to expire 5 days from now. I’ve applied for a transfer and extension simultaneously almost 4 weeks ago as I am moving to a new employer.

The visa application has not been approved yet.

What if they don’t get back to me before the expiry date of my current limit of stay? Do I have to leave the country?

Someone told me you can stay in HK for 2 weeks after your work visa expires. Is this true?

Also, I am not sure if this complicates things, but I am moving industries as well.

I was an English teacher for the last year in Hong Kong and I am moving back into business.

I used to work in Insurance for almost 3 years before I came to Hong Kong. This new job is an Insurance job as well and I have written the papers I need to be able to practice this profession in Hong Kong.

Thanks for your insight.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

How a Hong Kong employment visa application can go completely wrong if you don’t know what you are doing

10 ‘Must Have’ resources for a successful Hong Kong work visa application

Will a criminal record impact on your ability to get a residence visa for Hong Kong?

Can you have 2 employment visa applications for Hong Kong pending at the same time?

I hate my boss and want to leave my job – what happens to my Hong Kong work visa?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza