If you find yourself often in Hong Kong as a frequent Visitor is it lawful and / or possible to rent an apartment in order to keep accommodation expenses down…

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


I’m an Expat based in Thailand & often come to Hong Kong for meetings or transit for business trips to China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan.

 Let’s say roughly 10-14 days a month, with an average of 2-3 entries.

Since hotel costs are ticking up & I can’t leave documents in a safe place, I’m considering renting a 850 sqf apartment in Wanchai.

Would this be a problem for Immigration?

I’m on the frequent traveler program & get 3 months entry visa.

Thank you for your feedback

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Is it ever OK to work in Hong Kong on a visitor visa?

Will the Hong Kong Immigration Department extend your visitor visa if you ask them to?

The long-stay visitor’s awkward predicament

Is the Travel Pass as good as a Hong Kong employment visa?

Will any time you spend in Hong Kong as a visitor count towards the magic 7 years for the right of abode?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza