A Weibo user who adamantly claims to be a descendant of the Monkey King, a character from from Wu Chen-en’s epic Journey to the West tales, has attracted intrigue and criticism from netizens across the country. The woman has even offered what she says is an ‘ancestral stone’ and ‘monkey wool’ as evidence to prove her theory, and on January 6 paid a visit to Fudan University’s anthropology research labs in Shanghai to expose her identity through DNA testing.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million
- Alibaba-Backed Yiguo.com, Having Raised RMB6 Billion, Enters Bankruptcy
- DealShot: 8 Deals Surpassing $190 Million Including Rotating Boulder Fund, CDH Investments And Others
- China Mobile Net Profit Down 0.3% In First Three Quarters Of 2020