A Weibo user who adamantly claims to be a descendant of the Monkey King, a character from from Wu Chen-en’s epic Journey to the West tales, has attracted intrigue and criticism from netizens across the country. The woman has even offered what she says is an ‘ancestral stone’ and ‘monkey wool’ as evidence to prove her theory, and on January 6 paid a visit to Fudan University’s anthropology research labs in Shanghai to expose her identity through DNA testing.
Latest China News
- DealShot: 14 Deals Worth $140 Million With SDIC Venture Capital, Panacea Venture And Others
- Where Does Xi Jinping Go from Here?
- DealShot: 7 Deals Reaching $100 Million Counting Sequoia, SDIC Venture Capital And More
- DealShot: 28 Deals Eclipsing $350 Million With Qiming, Lilly Asia Ventures And Many Others
- What Impact Would a U.S. Debt Default Have on China?