A Weibo user who adamantly claims to be a descendant of the Monkey King, a character from from Wu Chen-en’s epic Journey to the West tales, has attracted intrigue and criticism from netizens across the country. The woman has even offered what she says is an ‘ancestral stone’ and ‘monkey wool’ as evidence to prove her theory, and on January 6 paid a visit to Fudan University’s anthropology research labs in Shanghai to expose her identity through DNA testing.
Latest China News
- Swarm Robotics Market Forecast & Dynamics 2023-2028
- J&K terror spike prompts relook at pre-winter strategy, deployment
- Politics Briefing: Liberal MP Greg Fergus elected Speaker of the House of Commons
- India police raid media office, journalists’ homes in illegal funding probe
- Raid on NewsClick: Delhi Police quizzes 46 suspects for hours