The district government where Zhang and his current wife, Chen Ting, live with their three children announced on its Weibo account that the fine was calculated based on the couple’s reported personal income. The Wall Street Journal reported their income as 3.58 million yuan or 591,000 USD total in 2000, 2003, and 2005, the birth years of their two daughters and one son.
Latest China News
- Japan, Canada pledge more co-operation on battery supply chains, AI technology
- The perfect winter break in Ireland in incredible location with plenty of entertainment and five star rating
- What price would India pay if involved in killing a Canadian citizen? Precious little
- ASX to drop as rates mantra rattles global markets
- With authoritarianism on the rise, Canada should expect more foreign interference