The district government where Zhang and his current wife, Chen Ting, live with their three children announced on its Weibo account that the fine was calculated based on the couple’s reported personal income. The Wall Street Journal reported their income as 3.58 million yuan or 591,000 USD total in 2000, 2003, and 2005, the birth years of their two daughters and one son.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: Ubtech Robotics Launches Quarantine Hotel Anti-Epidemic Solution; Beijing To Advance Deployment of 6G Network
- Baidu-Backed DeepWay Unveils Smart New Energy Heavy-Duty Truck to Automate Road Freight
- China Money Podcast: More Than 100 Startups Raise Capital In China This Past Week
- DealShot: 16 Deals Worth $275 Million Counting Bioventure, ZJ Innopark And Many More
- DealShot: 18 Deals Eclipsing $540 Million Counting CDH Investments, HuaYiVentures And More