Chinese-run Western establishments have spread throughout Shanghai like wildfire this past year; the most recent being The 1st Seasons, an upmarket Western restaurant offering a truckload of meat, some fusion touches dreamt up by Chef Leo Wang, and film-inspired design. It’s an exciting concept, but one of the weaker entrants in the Chinese-run Western genre. Since we’re talking film, it feels like an average foreign remake of a classic movie: a passable re-imagining with interesting twists, but some elements translate better than others.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million
- Alibaba-Backed Yiguo.com, Having Raised RMB6 Billion, Enters Bankruptcy
- DealShot: 8 Deals Surpassing $190 Million Including Rotating Boulder Fund, CDH Investments And Others
- China Mobile Net Profit Down 0.3% In First Three Quarters Of 2020