The crown jewel of Huaiyang cuisine, Wangdonglou’s pig face entails all the skin from the front of the head including the ears, snout, and cheeks ripped off in one piece – bringing new meaning to the Chinese expression “losing face.” The pig face arrives on a plate leering up at you through eye slits like an edible halloween mask, with Peking duck-style mantou, cucumber, onion, and decorative fruit segments arrayed around it. These do little to mitigate the ghastly appearance. However, pig’s face is our favorite eat in town, and as far as we know, the only dish of its kind in the city.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: Beijing To Reform Stock Exchanges, Wechat Ban To Expire Before US Election
- Tencent Invests In Chinese E-Sports Operator VSPN
- Chinese Autonomous Driving Startup Pony.ai Reportedly Raises $300 Million At $6B Valuation
- DealShot: 11 Deals Exceeding $360 Million Including Ontario Teachers, Sequoia Among Others
- IReader Technology Net Profit Up 53.75% In First Three Quarters Of 2020