Since it debuted in NY last May, Dominique Ansel’s doughnut-croissant hybrid, the Cronut, has been treated like the second coming of the iPhone. It fetches gargantuan lines starting in the wee hours of the morning, has partnered with some of NY’s most respectable restaurant chains, and spawned countless imitators worldwide. One of the latest has been developed by Shanghai’s own chef Owen Wang at the Pudong Shangri-La. Called “cronuts” (with the “s”) to avoid copyright problems, it promises to be a respectable rendition.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: Ubtech Robotics Launches Quarantine Hotel Anti-Epidemic Solution; Beijing To Advance Deployment of 6G Network
- Baidu-Backed DeepWay Unveils Smart New Energy Heavy-Duty Truck to Automate Road Freight
- China Money Podcast: More Than 100 Startups Raise Capital In China This Past Week
- DealShot: 16 Deals Worth $275 Million Counting Bioventure, ZJ Innopark And Many More
- DealShot: 18 Deals Eclipsing $540 Million Counting CDH Investments, HuaYiVentures And More