Since it debuted in NY last May, Dominique Ansel’s doughnut-croissant hybrid, the Cronut, has been treated like the second coming of the iPhone. It fetches gargantuan lines starting in the wee hours of the morning, has partnered with some of NY’s most respectable restaurant chains, and spawned countless imitators worldwide. One of the latest has been developed by Shanghai’s own chef Owen Wang at the Pudong Shangri-La. Called “cronuts” (with the “s”) to avoid copyright problems, it promises to be a respectable rendition.
Latest China News
- SDAIA, Huawei Establish Partnership
- DealShot: 18 Deals Breaking $825 Million Involving Baidu, Tencent And Many More
- Yiche’s Privatization Agreement Approved By General Meeting Of Shareholders
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million