Since it debuted in NY last May, Dominique Ansel’s doughnut-croissant hybrid, the Cronut, has been treated like the second coming of the iPhone. It fetches gargantuan lines starting in the wee hours of the morning, has partnered with some of NY’s most respectable restaurant chains, and spawned countless imitators worldwide. One of the latest has been developed by Shanghai’s own chef Owen Wang at the Pudong Shangri-La. Called “cronuts” (with the “s”) to avoid copyright problems, it promises to be a respectable rendition.
Latest China News
- China and US spar over climate on Twitter
- Extreme Heatwave in China Shuts Down Semiconductor Factories and Lithium Processing
- Chinese smartphone market registers sharp decline in demand
- Beijing-based Geek+, a warehouse robotics and automation company, has raised a $100M Series E1 from Intel Capital, Vertex Growth, and others at a $2B valuation
- Researchers Link Multi-Year Mass Credential Theft Campaign to Chinese Hackers DomeDIGITA