Chen Guangbiao isn’t going to buy the New York Times. It doesn’t matter how many “please, please take-me-seriously” editorials he writes for the Global Times, or how many millions of dollars he attempts to throw at publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr., who has unequivocally said that the paper is “not for sale.” The Times simply isn’t on the market, and wouldn’t be in Chen’s price/influence range even if it was. But other papers are, and that makes Mr. Chen a dangerous man.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: TikTok To Partner With Shopify, Huawei Still No. 1 Phone Seller In China
- Hangzhou City Proposes Laws Prohibiting Mandatory Facial Recognition
- Chinese AI Startup Smart More Raises $100 Million
- DealShot: 15 Deals Reaching $740 Million Involving Yunfeng Capital, CICC Capital And Many Others
- China Tech Digest: Beijing To Reform Stock Exchanges, Wechat Ban To Expire Before US Election