What can you do if your marriage has irretrievably broken down and your Dependant visa is about to expire?



I am separating from my wife and she is refusing to keep me on her Dependent visa.

My visa expires in a month and my employers have always made it clear that they won’t sponsor Employment visas – and I don’t know what to.

Do I need to find a new job if I lose my Hong Kong dependant visa in this way? 

How long would it take for a first time visa application?

Can I just keep quiet at work? They probably won’t check my visa status…

What would be the implications for that?

More Stuff You Might Find Useful or Interesting

How a Hong Kong employment visa application can go completely wrong if you don’t know what you’re doing

Getting a working visa for Hong Kong is just a matter of filling in the forms, isn’t it?

The Hong Kong Immigration Department are out to deny – not approve – visa  applications (aren’t they?)

Work in Hong Kong for 5  years – leave for two, then return – will I lose my continuous residence for PR purposes.

What visa options exist for a trailing Girlfriend where there is no possibility of a Hong Kong defacto spouse visa?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza