Can you get a self-sponsored change of sponsorship Hong Kong work visa? Fantastic question this which took me 10 minutes to think the answer through for!



As an expat, I currently work for a company that sponsored me in Hong Kong for my work visa

I now no longer want to work exclusively for the company but as a consultant. 

My wife has registered a business, a sole proprietorship in Hong Kong, to which I want to move my employment.

My former company will give my wife’s company a consulting contract. 

Can I transfer my work permit to a sole proprietorship? 

We also are looking to hire one person. 

Can a sole proprietor make hires in Hong Kong?  

Another wrinkle is that my wife’s visa is attached to my employment visa, what happens to her dependant visa if I change my sponsor?

Thank you

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Can you remain in Hong Kong under an employment visa sponsored by an ex-Employer & run a Hong Kong sole proprietorship providing services outside of Hong Kong (mostly)? 

10 ‘Must Have’ resources for a successful Hong Kong employment visa application

I am an independant contractor not an employee – can I get an employment visa as an inter-company transferee here in Hong Kong?

The 5 key factors which impact on your eligibility for a Hong Kong employment visa

Novel solution to an unusual Hong Kong employment-investment visa situation


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza