My father extends his dependant visa: do you need to be physically present in Hong Kong when extending a dependant visa for an elderly parent?


I am a permanent Hong Kong resident.

I am the sponsor of my father who is my dependent.

My father is applying for an extension to his dependent visa at this time.

He will bring my HKID card with him when he applies but do I, the sponsor have to be physically present in Hong Kong when he goes to his extension appointment date? Also, on the 481A form, I will have to note that I have spent more than 9 months outside Hong Kong in the last year as I am spending time outside HK to be with my aging in-laws.

Is that a potential problem?  

Thank you for your kind help.

More Stuff  You May Find Useful or Interesting

What pathways to an employment visa exist for a fresh, foreign university graduate arriving in Hong Kong seeking career opportunities here?

The anatomy of a ‘slam dunk’ investment visa application -taking just 7 weeks to approval

Why do Hong Kong investment visa applications get denied?

The ImmD are out to refuse – not approve – visa applications (aren’t they?)

10 Must Have resources for any Hong Kong investment visa application

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza