It’s important to undertake one application at a time en route to your eventual right of abode in Hong Kong

Bridging the PR gap via IANG


Hi. I need to extend my IANG visa by the end of July. As of the second week in September I will have been in Hong Kong for 7 years, thus eligible for permanent residency.

I currently do not have a employer sponsor. In negotiating an employment contract (I’m a consultant with no desire to start my own firm) it may be favourable to have a a contract term of 59 days, excluding my potential employer from needing to start an MPF account.

However, would Immigration look unfavourably on that contract term of less than one full year?  I basically need an IANG visa for the “gap weeks” of August 2014 and first week of September 2014 as well as employment sponsor.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Do mainlanders typically enjoy the same kind of immigration experience as other foreign nationals do in Hong Kong?

The ten key reasons why foreigners seek visas to live and work in Hong Kong

How to get a Hong Kong working visa automatically with no questions asked

Is the Hong Kong Immigration Department website actually fit for purposes?

The impact of brain drain on Hong Kong and resulting immigration policy development


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza