Wang Baohe was one of the most popular acrobats in Wuqiao, the birthplace of acrobatics in China. Wang said his ‘shrinking bones’ act was the only way he could make money and survive as a child in Beijing. ‘It’s a very cruel skill,’ he said of his contortion tricks. Now, the aging acrobat has retired his bone-bending acts and draws huge crowds with disappearing performances that boggle minds all the same. Magicians rule.
Latest China News
- China Tech Digest: Ubtech Robotics Launches Quarantine Hotel Anti-Epidemic Solution; Beijing To Advance Deployment of 6G Network
- Baidu-Backed DeepWay Unveils Smart New Energy Heavy-Duty Truck to Automate Road Freight
- China Money Podcast: More Than 100 Startups Raise Capital In China This Past Week
- DealShot: 16 Deals Worth $275 Million Counting Bioventure, ZJ Innopark And Many More
- DealShot: 18 Deals Eclipsing $540 Million Counting CDH Investments, HuaYiVentures And More