Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 119 in /home/chinaexp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 848

This question raises a really good point of Hong Kong immigration practice and provides an opportunity to shed some light on how ‘continuity of residence’ is considered by the HKID when it comes to permanent residency applications from 7 year-resident foreign nationals in the HKSAR.




I have been working for an international insurance firm for 2 years in HK now. My visa expires in Apr 2013. If I quit in September 2012 and find a job in Jan 2013 (before the expiration of employment visa) and my new employer is willing to take up the sponsorship, can I still apply for Permanent ID card after a further 5 years if I continuously remain in HK for all of that time? I want to make sure that by leaving my current sponsorship and having a break between my current and next job, that I do not break the “7 years continuous living” eligibility to get Permanent ID card after a total of 7 years of living here.

What do you think?”

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

Hong Kong permanent residency approval with a 2 year absence from Hong Kong

My employment visa expires before my Change of Sponsorship application will be finalised – help!

Hong Kong right of abode application – arguing away missing periods of residence

What long stay Hong Kong visa options exist for the elderly parents of temporary residents of Hong Kong?

How to apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong – documents required


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza