How does time spent living and working in China impact on your eligibility for the right of abode in Hong Kong?

Watch this video on YouTube.


I am a Canadian citizen. I worked and lived in Hong Kong from 2005 to 2007 and then was transferred to Shanghai by my employer which is a Hong Kong company. I live and work in Shanghai now for the last 6 years but keep my Hong Kong employment visa and my Hong Kong ID card.

 Can I apply for permanent residence? Do I have a case for the 7 year continuous residence?

 Thank you very much!

More Stuff  You May Find Useful or Interesting

Hong Kong right of abode applications – consider your strategy and plan early

Will a break in continuous employment mean a break in continuous residence for the purposes of a right of abode application in Hong Kong?

Hong Kong right of abode applications – arguing away missing periods of residence

Is it possible to maintain my 6 years’ ordinary residence in Hong Kong & get the Right of Abode next year if I plan to move to Taiwan soon?

How can I get a visa & work legally in Hong Kong?

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza