Box office revenues in China reached 21.6 billion yuan ($3.57 billion) in 2013—an increase of 27 percent from the previous year’s 17 billion yuan ($2.8 billion), according to Chinese film review site Mtime. The report also showed that local films dominated China’s box office in 2013, with only three foreign films ranking in the top 10 highest-grossing movies of the year (a significant decrease from last year).
Latest China News
- Yiche’s Privatization Agreement Approved By General Meeting Of Shareholders
- China Tech Digest: China To Tighten E-commerce Competition Regulations, Huawei Revenues Up 9.9%
- RNAi New Drug Startup Sirnaomics Raises $105 Million
- Alibaba-Backed Yiguo.com, Having Raised RMB6 Billion, Enters Bankruptcy
- DealShot: 8 Deals Surpassing $190 Million Including Rotating Boulder Fund, CDH Investments And Others