Box office revenues in China reached 21.6 billion yuan ($3.57 billion) in 2013—an increase of 27 percent from the previous year’s 17 billion yuan ($2.8 billion), according to Chinese film review site Mtime. The report also showed that local films dominated China’s box office in 2013, with only three foreign films ranking in the top 10 highest-grossing movies of the year (a significant decrease from last year).
Latest China News
- DealShot: 14 Deals Reaching $175 Million Involving Temasek, Legend Capital And Many Others
- Rumours of Xi Jinping’s House Arrest Not New, Chinese Prez Target of Internet Gossip, Dissidents for Long News18 Explains
- China Construction Bank To Set Up $4.2-Billion Fund For Buying Properties; Details Here
- ‘Decision to Leave’ review: A well-crafted romantic thriller that masters the basics
- ‘Avatar’ Rerelease Grosses $11M Global Through Friday