Box office revenues in China reached 21.6 billion yuan ($3.57 billion) in 2013—an increase of 27 percent from the previous year’s 17 billion yuan ($2.8 billion), according to Chinese film review site Mtime. The report also showed that local films dominated China’s box office in 2013, with only three foreign films ranking in the top 10 highest-grossing movies of the year (a significant decrease from last year).
Latest China News
- Japan, Canada pledge more co-operation on battery supply chains, AI technology
- The perfect winter break in Ireland in incredible location with plenty of entertainment and five star rating
- What price would India pay if involved in killing a Canadian citizen? Precious little
- ASX to drop as rates mantra rattles global markets
- With authoritarianism on the rise, Canada should expect more foreign interference