Whilst the right of abode is called what it is, in actual fact,  a long stay foreign national of Hong Kong gets something less than a “right” as discussed in this question this week…

Watch this video on YouTube.


I have a Hong Kong permanent ID card and it is coming up to 3 years since I last returned to Hong Kong.

Do I need to return 3 years from the date I last left or 3 years from the date I last entered?

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

How do foreign national children resident in Hong Kong for 7 years go on to acquire permanent residency here?

How to apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong – the approvability test

Am I compelled to apply for Hong Kong permanent residency after 7 years or can I maintain the status quo of my present employment visa?

If you stay in Hong Kong for 7 Years as a de-facto spouse holding a prolonged visitor visa will you qualify for permanent residency?

Does my child get the right of abode if she wasn’t born in Hong Kong but I have the right to land?

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza