Hong Kong working holiday visas are essentially a breeze to secure – but can you be an independant contractor if you hold one?

Watch this video on YouTube.


I am from the UK and have just gained a working holiday visa for Hong Kong.

As I understand it, as a UK citizen, you can work for 12 months and the 3 month limit does not apply for me as it does to most other nationalities.

I have an opportunity to work for a company, but in doing so I am required to register as a sole proprietor and have a business registration certificate.

Is this possible?

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

10 Must Have resources for a successful Hong Kong working visa application

My employment visa will expire before my change of employer application will be finalized – help!

What do both Hong Kong employment and investment visa applications share in common?

Will I still qualify for the right of abode if I lived in Hong Kong but worked in Macau temporarily for some of the 7 years needed?

The perils of contriving a job offer just for the purposes of a Hong Kong employment visa application

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza