Any foreign NGO seeking to register a representative office or file for a temporary activity in China must prepare a number of official documents in the location where it is headquartered. These documents must be notarized and authenticated in the NGO’s home country. However, the steps for this process—particularly the order in which they should be completed, and the precise administrative requirements—are not clearly spelled out in any of the Ministry of Public Security’s (MPS’s) official guides. What follows are procedures for compiling the necessary documentation in the United States, based on the experiences of two individuals. Unless otherwise noted, the process below holds for both temporary activities and representative offices.

Visit the original source and full text: ChinaFile