The answer to this question seemed so obvious to me before, but now it has been asked, I realize it’s not immediately obvious to everyone, so I’m grateful for the opportunity to address it now…

Do I need to 'activate' my Hong Kong visa extension?


I have just recently had my employment visa successfully extended.  For 2 years. 

My passport has been updated with the new visa.

However, it didn’t occur to me at the time to ask if I need to “activate” this new extension by leaving the country before my previous visa expires, and re-entering on the new one. 

Indeed, if I do not do this would I be in breach of my previous visa time limit? 

Or is it straight forward, no trip outside the country required, and the new visa starts automatically?

I have not changed jobs, and my previous visa still has 3 weeks to go. 

All-in-all, a very straight forward extension.

Thanks in advance.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

The Hong Kong Visa Extension Kit – 100% Free!

How can I manage the expiry of my Hong Kong employment visa with my intention to resign from my job & start my own business here?

Can I easily return to (and then remain in) Hong Kong as a visitor once my current employment visa has expired?

Redundancy – the process pitfalls of an expiring Hong Kong employment visa

What you SHOULD NOT DO when renewing or extending your Hong Kong working visa!


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza