What happens if you get to 6 years continuous ordinary residence then plan to leave Hong Kong?

6 years in Hong Kong and counting - throwing it all away?



I am in Hong Kong since 6 years on an employment visa all throughout and am aiming for PR next year in July.

However, I am about to change job and the new company wants me to move to Taipei.

I have the flexibility to negotiate with them.

With an objective to be eligible to apply for the Right of Abode next year, what should I do? Please let me know.

Should I ask for a Hong Kong contract and that is enough and be transferred or do i need to be on Hong Kong contract and also maintain a rented apartment here?

I would want to get it done in simplest way without too much costs to me or to the employer.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Do you need to have been physically present in Hong Kong for a full seven years (i.e 2555 days all told) in order to qualify for permanent residency?

Hong Kong permanent residency approval with a 2 year absence from Hong Kong!

Will a short period of time away from Hong Kong break my continuity of residence for my eventual Right of Abode application?

How to apply for the Right of Abode in Hong Kong without any professional help

Strategy on how to craft an argument to appeal a refused Hong Kong Right of Abode application


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza