If you are granted a Hong Kong investment visa, does this allow you to (essentially) take up a dedicated employment on a consulting basis for a single client, effectively taking up a full time role to the exclusion of all other business opportunities for your sled-owned company?



I’m currently in the process of applying for my Hong Kong investment visa.

In addition, I have an interview for a consulting position with another organization.

They will not support me with the visa and have asked me if I can also work with an investment visa.

The answer I got from immigration was that I cannot take up a full-time position when holding only an investment visa and that I also need to apply for a work visa.

I was wondering if there is any possibility or workaround?

The consulting position is related to my start-up, so I thought about asking the organization to contract my company as a consultant.

I would appreciate your advice on my case.

Thank you very much in advance.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Are there any advantages to being an existing resident of Hong Kong when you make an application for an investment visa?

Hong Kong investment visa – cases which would not get approved today but will be approved 9-12 months from now

Hong Kong investment visa approved where the funding was running out

The industry secret most Hong Kong immigration consultants donlt want you to discover

100% Hong Kong visa application success rate? Take it all with a pinch of salt!


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza