If you’re being sent to Hong Kong by your overseas employer to deliver a short term training programme in Hong Kong, do you need an employment visa for this activity or will the visitor visa suffice?

Watch this video on YouTube.


We are a software company offering bespoke software packages and products which cover the whole life cycle of the trading process.

We currently have an office in Hong Kong with over 200 employees but because of the bespoke nature of our business it is often necessary to send members of our training team from the USA  to coach and train our employees in Hong Kong in anything from technical training to personal development training.

I’d like to know what kind of visa our team members would need to be able to come to Hong Kong and undertake this training activity for periods of about 2 weeks?

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

What are the chances of swapping from a training visa to an employment visa once the period of training is over?

What are the eligibility criteria for a Hong Kong working holiday visa?

How to get a Hong Kong working visa automatically with no questions asked

Is it possible for an SME to sponsor an employment visa for a foreign national employee in Hong Kong

Sometimes large employers experience Hong Kong employment visa refusals – why might this be so?

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza