This question mainly relates to business rather than immigration law but is still an important question nonetheless…




I have a Hong Kong  dependant visa that gives me the right to work in Hong Kong. I have been offered a Regional Asia role based out of Hong Kong by a Canadian company.

This company is not registered in Hong Kong.

Can I work for them as sole proprietor under my Hong Kong dependant visa ? Or do they need to register as a limited company?

If they register here can I work for them on my Hong Kong dependant visa?

Appreciate your help.

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

The seven responsibilities of a Hong Kong employment visa sponsor

Is there a minimum number of days you need to be in Hong Kong in order to maintain your investment visa status?

Is there such an animal as an employment visa for an independant contractor in Hong Kong?

Business investment visas – a leg up for start-ups in Hong Kong

How to apply for a Hong Kong investment visa – without any professional help!


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza