Can you live in China yet remain a HK resident with a valid Hong Kong employment visa?



We are a married couple with children and have lived in Hong Kong for 3.5 years. 

We are moving to Shanghai soon (my husband’s employer is moving us).   

We currently have a Hong Kong employment visa for my husband and dependent visas for myself and kids; these expire a couple months after we move. 

We still plan to visit Hong Kong reasonably frequently (every 3-4 months) after we leave. 

 Is there any way for us to maintain Hong Kong residence after we move, (i.e. renew and maintain our existing visas)? 

 In case it’s relevant, while we have been living in Hong Kong, almost all of my husband’s work has actually been conducted in mainland China (he travels there all the time) we just live here.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

The seven responsibilities of a Hong Kong employment visa sponsor

Hong Kong employment visa – teenage high school graduate gets approved

What are you really buying from a Hong Kong immigration consultant?

How are mainland applicants for visas issued under the Hong Kong General Employment Policy treated differently from other foreign nationals?

How important are word of mouth referrals to the Hong Kong Visa Centre?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza