Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 119 in /home/chinaexp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 848
A new year means resolutions and a fresh start. If you want to get involved in media and publishing, then interning at thebeijinger.com will give you all that and more.
As an editorial intern, you will participate in the planning, research and writing of articles, blog posts and all the other things that go into thebeijinger website. Better yet, if you have a particular niche or obsession – be it food, nightlife, shopping or sports – we can arrange it so that you get to write as much as possible about the things you care the most about.
As everyone knows, getting published is the main route towards a career in journalism, and this could be your first stepping stone.
Most of our interns either end up working for us full time or getting swooped up by another media outlet that has seen their work published here.
Who you are:
- Living in Beijing and excited to be here
- Experienced in writing but eager to get more practice
- Versatile and quick to learn
- Responsible and hard-working
- Excellent written English and at least conversational Chinese; reading Chinese a defininte plus
What you'll get out of it:
- Work experience for your CV & Bylines for your portfolio
- Professional coaching in writing and editing
- Daily practice in pitching, writing and researching stories
- A network of contacts in Beijing, especially in your field of interest
- Hands-on knowledge of the behind-the-scenes work of a dynamic website
- References and a letter of recommendation
What you will do
- Pitch and write your own articles for thebeijinger.com
- Moderate and edit directory items, classifieds and events
- Attend press conferences and events
What you won't do
- Make coffee
- Take dictation
- Anything that you are ethically/morally opposed to
- Anything that you are banned from doing by a doctor
- Get rich*
Impress us with your CV, links to your blog or online articles, and some recent writing samples -- send it all to [email protected]
*There is a stipend for interns who work at least 20 hours a week.
Visit the original source and full text: the Beijinger Blog