Can you swap from a foreign domestic helper visa to a dependant visa whilst in Hong Kong?

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


My domestic helper, from the Philippines, is married to a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.

Her contract with me expires in April and they want to apply for a dependent visa for her.

Is this possible, what are the criteria and what would be the time line?

Can I extend her domestic helper visa whilst her dependent visa application is being processed, so she is still able to work?

Many thanks

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Are there any realistic long term visa options for FDH’s in Hong Kong seeking to remain here with their boyfriends?

Can children born in Hong Kong to foreign domestic helpers get dependant visas?

Right of Abode for foreign domestic helpers in Hong Kong – it was all so inevitable really

How can my fiance transition from a foreign domestic helper visa to a dependant visa with 6-12 months to go before we get married?

Is it ever possible to convert a foreign domestic helper visa to an employment visa in Hong Kong?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza