You know how it is… you arrive in Hong Kong for a year of fun and adventure and then you want to stay…

2555 continuous (or cumulative) days in Hong Kong for the right of abode? Surely not?


Hi there!

I’m an Australian citizen in Hong Kong, working under a working holiday visa which only permits me to work 3 months per employer.

Is the only way around this to be sponsored by my employer or can I transfer to another visa?

I presume it’s quite expensive and tricky to be sponsored for an employment visa by a company – is that true?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Is the Travel Pass as good as a Hong Kong working visa?

Why applying for a Foreign Domestic Helper visa for your girlfriend is NOT a good idea

Eligibility criteria for the Hong Kong working holiday visa

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa a good option?

Am I allowed to work full time in Hong Kong even though I only have a one year working holiday visa?


Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza