Is it ever legal to work in Hong Kong – especially on a short term basis – without the permission of the Director of Immigration?

Watch this video on YouTube.


I am a UK based one person limited company and have been asked by a major financial services company with a business based in Hong Kong to undertake 10 ~ 15 days consulting work there as a one-off exercise.

I will not be setting up business in Hong Kong and will return to the UK at the end of the visit.

Can I do this work under the visitor visa and do I need anything additional such as a work permit?

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

Can I come to install equipment in Hong Kong without an employment visa?

How can an overseas company temporarily sponsor an employment visa for Hong Kong?

The perils of contriving a job offer just for the purposes of a Hong Kong employment visa application

How flexible is the Admission of Mainland Talents & Professionals Scheme in enabling Chinese  nationals to come and live and work in Hong Kong?

Is it ever OK to work in Hong Kong on an Visitor visa?

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza