What kind of activity is permitted if you are in Hong Kong on a Visitor visa? Does this include informal study?

Head shot of a perplexed man


My wife and I are spending some time here in Hong Kong.

We do not work here and we do not intend to.

We just enjoy living here, enjoying the city.

We have sufficient savings to support ourselves financially. So yes, we are both here on a Visitor visa.

My wife would be interested in studying English to keep herself busy and improve upon her English.

She contacted the British Council but was informed she could not enrol because she did not have a Hong Kong ID card or a study visa.

Do you have any advice on how to proceed?

Applying for a study visa could be an option, but it will probably be too long before it is granted – if it is granted at all.

Thanks for any insight you can offer us.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What’s the situation regarding the need for business premises as part of a Hong Kong investment visa application?

What are your visa options in Hong Kong if your marriage has irretrievably broken down?

The Hong Kong Immigration Department are out to deny – not approve – applications (aren’t they?)

What types of visa for the HKSAR entitle you to get a Hong Kong identity card?

Do you need a visa to operate a business in Hong Kong if you are not yet resident here?


The post Can You Study in Hong Kong If You Only Possess a Visitor Visa Here? appeared first on Hong Kong Visa Geeza.

Visit the original source and full text: Hong Kong Visa Geeza