Xu Zhiyong’s lawyer has confirmed that the defendant will appeal, nearly a week after the Beijing No. 1 People’s Intermediate Court sentenced him four years in prison on charges of ‘gathering crowds to disrupt public order’. Meanwhile, two more members of the New Citizens Movement on Wednesday were convicted on the same charges.
Latest China News
- DealShot: 14 Deals Worth $140 Million With SDIC Venture Capital, Panacea Venture And Others
- Where Does Xi Jinping Go from Here?
- DealShot: 7 Deals Reaching $100 Million Counting Sequoia, SDIC Venture Capital And More
- DealShot: 28 Deals Eclipsing $350 Million With Qiming, Lilly Asia Ventures And Many Others
- What Impact Would a U.S. Debt Default Have on China?