Xu Zhiyong’s lawyer has confirmed that the defendant will appeal, nearly a week after the Beijing No. 1 People’s Intermediate Court sentenced him four years in prison on charges of ‘gathering crowds to disrupt public order’. Meanwhile, two more members of the New Citizens Movement on Wednesday were convicted on the same charges.
Latest China News
- Swarm Robotics Market Forecast & Dynamics 2023-2028
- J&K terror spike prompts relook at pre-winter strategy, deployment
- Politics Briefing: Liberal MP Greg Fergus elected Speaker of the House of Commons
- India police raid media office, journalists’ homes in illegal funding probe
- Raid on NewsClick: Delhi Police quizzes 46 suspects for hours